It is exciting to meet someone you met at an online dating service. However, you must practice cautionary measures so as to avoid having problems when you meet him or her.
The following are some guidelines to have a hitch- and worry-free dating.
1. When meeting, do make up arrangements first. Since you barely know the person, do not let him or her meet you from your home.
2. Meet in public places. If it is okay with your date, you could ask another pair or some friends to go with you. If he or she is genuine in his or her interests, this shouldn’t be a problem.
3. If you are having a lunch or dinner in a café or restaurant, you should shoulder half of the bill. By paying half of the bill, you are free from obligations that you have to meet the person again.
4. If you have your own mode of transportation, like a car, you should use it. Do not rely on a date’s car so that you won’t feel that you have to ride with him or her if the date turns awry.
5. Try to avoid alcoholic drinks while having the date.
6. If you are planning to meet your date the second time around, arrange for one and evaluate if he or she deserves to know your personal home address. Never give your address when meeting the person the first time.
7. Do not go to secluded and dimly-lit areas at night. Try staying in crowded places as possible.
8. Try listening to your intuition. If something doesn’t feel right, then it would be better that you assess it. If something is really troubling you or is not right, maybe it would be best that you thank your date and leave as soon as possible.
9. Tell a friend your date’s contact details and plans for the date. It might be wise for him or her to check you from time to time. You could also ask some friends to meet you and check up after your date with the person.
11. Remember: Do not ever give your personal contact information to a person you barely know. He or she should understand if you are not giving him or her your personal contact information, at least on your first date.
12. Be alert at all times.
Like traditional dating, online dating has some risks, including safety concerns. To avoid having problems in your online dating, just remember the tips above.
Lawrence Andrews is an ePublisher, software developer, consultant, and author of numerous books. Visit his Private Label Content and Software site at [http://www.lmamedia.com] for more information about Dating Do’s and Dont’s.